*Information that turns orange on hover can be clicked for more details.
A supplemental Environmental Impact Statement is in the works to update the original Environmental Impact Statement and merge the NEPA and 404B alternatives analyses.
The Regional Water Source Evaluation study evaluated the existing water sources in the 10 county region in terms of their ability to supply water during a drought similar to the drought of the 1950s.
Regional Water Source Evaluation – 11-15-2016
The Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) was originally published in 2013 and updated in 2015. It provides the full justification and engineering analysis of the proposed project.
- Preliminary Engineering Report and Feasibility Study
- Appdx A – Water System Feasibility Study For NCMRWC
- Appdx B – Water System Master Plan for NCMRWC
- Appdx C – NCMRWC Formation Document
- Appdx D – Water Use Study for NCMRWC
- Appdx E – Missouri Drought Plan
- Appdx F – Excerpts from Groundwater Atlas of the US
- Appdx G – Regional Water Supply Capacity and Demand
- Appdx H – Letters of Support for Regional Water Supply
- Appdx I – State Climatologist Letter
- Appdx J – Findings Relating to Acquisition of the WTP
- Appdx K – Water Source Study
- Appdx L – Report on Water Treatment Plant Improvement
- Appdx M – Milan, Missouri
- Appdx N – 20 Year Population Projection
- Appdx O – Cost Estimate of Regional Water Supply
- Appdx P – ELC Watershed Revised Plan and EIS
- Appdx Q – ROD ELC Watershed Revised Plan
- Appdx R – Conceptual Plan Sheets
- Appdx S – ELC NRCS Cost Allocation and Cost-Share
- Appdx T – Cares Watershed Revised Plan
- Appdx U – Locust Creek Basin Management Plan
- Appdx V – Grand River Watershed Evaluation
- Appdx W – Quality of Surface Water in Missouri 2011
- Appdx X – Locust Creek Basin Management
- Appdx Y – Regional Economic Impact Assessment
- Appdx Z – Lake Authority Legislation
- Appdx AA – N. Central MO Locust Creek Watershed Study
- Appdx AB – Overlap of Issues and Opportunities
- Appdx AC – Economic Importance of Agriculture and Water
- Appdx AD – USGS National Climate Change Projections
- Appdx AE – Missouri’s Biggest Climate Challenge
- Appdx AF – Evaluation and Selection Report ELCR
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources published the Water Rate Study in 2015 to compare the current water rates in the 10 county region with the rest of the state.
Water Rates Analysis – 08.27.2015
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources published an Economic Impact Study in 2015 to predict the impacts of the proposed East Locust Creek Reservoir project on the region.
The University of Missouri Extension, Commercial Agriculture Program created a study on behalf of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources to discuss the importance of water on agricultural interests in the region.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Missouri Department of Natural Resources teamed up to create a study describing the conditions in the Locust Creek Watershed and the Best Management Practices that would be most suitable for helping to resolve the watershed issues in the basin. The East Locust Creek Reservoir is cited in the report as a helpful practice.
Final Locust Creek Watershed Study Report – November 25, 2013
The East Locust Creek Watershed Revised Plan & Environmental Impact Statement was published by the Natural Resources Conservation Service and includes the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) alternatives analysis that recommended the East Locust Creek Reservoir as the environmentally preferred solution for water supply, recreation and flood control.
In 2004, Missouri Department of Natural Resources published this 10 page report which evaluated water supply in the region and recommended that the East Locust Creek Reservoir be sized as a regional reservoir capable of serving the needs of a much larger area than was originally considered.
The Feasibility Report evaluated various solutions to the drinking water shortage in north central Missouri and recommended construction of the East Locust Creek Reservoir.